Peace of Mind After Hours
CLEAR LOCK STATUS
KEEP YOUR MASTER KEY
Ease of Use
Everybody Knows Deadbolts Give Maximum Security
Designed to be difficult to pick or force open, deadbolts provide high security on exterior doors. Deadbolts don’t rely on a spring mechanism, and they are easier to install than most other options. So it’s frustrating when you fail inspection because of your deadbolts. Fortunately, there is an exception to the code: the deadbolt must have an indicator that clearly shows the locked or unlocked status of the door and signage over the door.
Have a Deadbolt and Meet CODE
with an Egress Deadbolt Indicator (EDI)
Meets All Code Requirements
Clearly Shows the Deadbolt Status
Can Be Keyed to Your Master Key
True Security After Hours
Keep Your Fancy or Custom Push/Pulls
Easy to Install
Peace of Mind that Your Customers and Staff are Safe
“We have installed many EDI egress deadbolt indicators over the last several years as inspectors enforce building codes in our area. The EDI is easy to install and works perfectly to keep our customers code compliant.”
The EDI (Egress Deadbolt Indicator)
- The EDI is an Accessory Piece of HardwareAccessory: a thing which can be added to something else in order to make it more useful, versatile, or attractive. for the Schlage and Falcon lines of cylindrical deadbolts.
- You supply your choice of compatible deadbolts, or we can supply.
- The EDI works with standard or interchangeable (IC) cores.
- Compatible deadbolts work with many keyways so you can almost always tie into your existing key system.
- Requires the door to be machined only for a standard cylindrical lock (2-1/8” deadbolt prep, aka Standard ANSI) – no additional holes or machining required. If your door already has a deadbolt, no additional machining should be needed!
- Engineered to seamlessly fit in behind the deadbolt.
- Can be installed on doors from 1-3/8” up to 2-1/4” thick.
- The EDI is field handed and easy to install.
- Sturdy construction and security lenses prevent mischief and vandalism.
The EDI is Being Required by Inspectors Around the Country
Walnut Creek, CA
Colorado Springs, CO
THREE Simple Steps to Comply with Code
Call or Email Us
We understand that your situation is unique. We can answer your questions.
Order Your Parts
We will help you decide what you need to avoid costly mistakes and guide you through your purchase.
The Key to Code Compliance
Have peace of mind that your deadbolt meets code and you will pass inspection.